March 31, 2012

Special Occasions Such as Easter

I realized today that I have a disdain for people that don't dress up for special occasions. We decided to take Mini-me to an Easter egg hunt today. When I was growing up, Easter events and other special occasions meant that everyone dressed in their Sunday best. It was one of the few times we got to dress in a nice dress and get pretty dress shoes.

I have to admit that I enjoyed those times because I didn't get new things very often. When we went to the egg hunt today, not only was Mini-me one of two kids I saw dressed (in what I consider) nicely, I was the ONLY female there that was in a skirt. I realized afterwards that this really bugged me. I believe that when it is a special occasion, you should take the opportunity to allow yourself to dress your best. Maybe it's old fashioned, but it's something that I will be teaching my little one.

Could it be that I'm developing a sense of propriety for certain occasions? O.o

No comments:

Post a Comment