December 20, 2010

BABIES!

A good friend of mine had her baby this weekend and I got to see him for the first time today. At first he wasn't so sure about me because, obviously, I'm not his mommy. But then, he snuggled close and went right to sleep. Can you feel the happy sighs in my words? I could have sat there all night holding him and been perfectly fine.

Before I had my daughter, I never would have thought of me as a child person. I was always a bit uncomfortable with them, never sure what I was supposed to do. Then I had Mini-me. And anyone that knows she and I knows that a truer nickname never has there been. LOL.

Now, children make me so very happy. Each one is so unique and they all give love without expecting anything back. When I walk into the door from home and I'm met with a squeal and hugged around my legs before I'm even fully inside, no matter what mood I was in before, I'm always smiling after that.

The more that time goes by, I understand why people have tons of children. Don't get me wrong, they're a TON of work. But all that work is nothing compared to the joy a child can give you. Endless snuggles and hugs and kisses with no expectations other than to be loved back. Everything is new to them and the delight that comes from a child finding something new that he/she enjoys is so rewarding.

I'm not really sure why I felt so awkward before. All I know now is that to see a small child and hold it is one of the most special and unique feelings I will ever have.

As you can tell, I'm in baby afterglow, since I got to hold my friend's baby. There is going to be absolutely ZERO apologies for this. I just know I'm going to be over at her house A LOT as he grows up. *giggles and grins foolishly*

No comments:

Post a Comment