May 13, 2011

Venting. Sometimes it is needed.

Those that are close to me are used to hearing me say that I hate my cycle. This is because my mood lowers and anything that's bothering me, any desires unfulfilled, wants or needs unmet break forth and burst upwards as though a dam has split at the seams and every emotion feels 100% stronger than any other time. My wants war within and my dreams clash. It makes it very hard to think at this time because all I can do is feel. And pushing those feelings aside to allow the logical to reign supreme is a hefty task to accomplish. My emotions wash over me and take over my actions before I've had the first chance to realize what has happened. And because of this I've had to say I'm sorry more times than I care to count.

The ache of clashing emotions overtakes me and only the letting of spilt need can overcome the tsunami within. That need can take on several different forms. From being driven to my knees by a force stronger than me, being taken to that place of calm silence that is otherwise known as subspace, to energy play far more intense than most can handle, to even a simple writing can help release that emotional overload and help me regain my sense of logic once more. The beast within must sometimes be sated for she is a part of who I am and cannot be ignored.

1 comment:

  1. If men had been the ones to give birth, the human race would've died out with the first pair! *hugs you tightly* I know what you mean, sister. I'm all over that... no, really, post-menopausal!

    ReplyDelete