June 23, 2011

Birthday surprises and other updates

As most people know, my birthday was yesterday. Everyone also knows I've been freaking out about it because this year I turned 30. Logically I understand it's not a big deal. Emotionally.. not so much. There has been nothing logical to this freaking out. I wanted this birthday to be celebrated special, something to be remembered. Thanks to some very special friends, this birthday will be remembered for a long time. The day after, I don't feel like I should be 30. I think I am probably still getting used to the idea.

On other notes, I also went to the domly dentist yesterday. He said that we have my TMD under control (YAY!) and now it's on to trying to fix the problem with my "Sternocleidomastoid Muscles" which have been causing my headaches and the numbness in my hands. Oh and they're also probably the reason behind my vertigo. Weeee! So I'll be continuing with my physical therapy and have to go back to my dentist in about three weeks.


And in regards to schooling, I'm currently on track to graduate in April. I thought maybe that I could swing it so that I could graduate at the end of the year, but I forgot about one extra class I need to take. So April it is. That means that next NEEHU will be a celebration of me graduating. Teeheehee. After that, I plan on moving on to get my BA. I want to be a CPA when I get all growed up. N'shtuff. My ultimate goal (as far as the schooling and CPA subject goes) is to be able to graduate with with my BA and then take the CPA exam pretty close to if not right after I graduate. What does my schooling goals mean for my job status? I've been working on my resume and it's about time to start looking for a job with an accounting firm. The most daunting part about this is that I have no idea what I'm doing. The scariest part is that I have no accounting experience because when I was looking for jobs in the past, no one would hire me in that position because I didn't have a degree and didn't have experience. It's very frustrating to be in that situation.


And so I begin trying to figure out how to get my foot into the door. It's going to take work and time. And a helluva lot of luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment