June 26, 2011

More updates

I know I posted in my previous blog that my domly dentist advised that my TMD is under control. I've also started going to physical therapy (hereby known as PT) for my neck and shoulders because the TMD has seriously screwed up my musculature in my upper areas (which has affected lower regions as well). The PT started really working on trying to relax my SCM muscles this week. These are two muscles on either side of your neck that can cause headaches, jaw pain, ear aches and all kinds of fun stuff.

The PT concentrated a good bit on my SCM muscles on Friday. Today I've found myself having a bad headache and the last 2-3 days my ear has really bothered me. The ear problem I've had for a while (along with everything else). This particular problem is very annoying. It feels like my ear is stopped up with a significant amount of humming. When it gets really bad, I can get vertigo bad enough that I can't get up and move around for fear of getting sick. While getting sick hasn't ever happened with the kind of vertigo I get, it's still a big fear of mine. Me and nausea do NOT get along well.

I have a feeling that a large part of my headache is coming from the way I'm sitting. Well, not really the WAY I'm sitting so much as WHERE I'm sitting. My couch is one of those L-shape sectionals and my favorite part (the end beside the end table) is situated so that when I do sit there, I have to turn my head right to look at the TV. The PT has advised that how I'm working with my laptop is fine and shouldn't cause many problems since I am paying attention to how I sit/type/etc.. with it. I've noticed before when I sit on this part of the couch, my left shoulder will start hurting, if I'm watching TV. I guess that means it's time to change spots and sit on the other part of the couch.

Maybe I can convince someone to put a lamp on the wall for me close to my other spot so that I can do my stitching and other things (such as school work when that starts up again) over there instead of in my corner. Oh and convince someone for shoulder/back massages. That would be nice too. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment