March 7, 2011

Less computer time

It seems recently that my time on the computer has lessened to almost nil. This is frustrating at times because it just seems like I don't have enough time to get the things done I need/want to get done.

A large part of this is due to the exercise that has been doctor enforced. Before, I had a few hours with my daughter and then I had about 2.5 hours to myself to write or do whatever I'd like. Now, as soon as I put mini-me to bed, I have to go exercise. I can't exercise when she's up and about because I can't keep an eye on her AND concentrate on working out too. So as soon as she's in bed, I throw on my exercise outfit and get to it. Most nights, by the time I'm done, I have an hour or less of time to just relax before I have to be in bed. This isn't enough time to really do anything.

And so now my schedule is all sorts of screwed up. When I go to exercise, I go ahead and turn off the computer. If I don't, I don't spend the last bit of time relaxing. I spend it either talking to people or looking stuff up. I also can't really do any writing or anything when mini-me is up because she is constantly wanting my attention. It is times like this when I wish I had someone that could come over every so often and just sit with me and help me watch her.  I love her dearly. Truly I do. I just don't feel like I can get anything done when it's just me in the evenings with no one to help because I'm constantly keeping an eye on her, constantly dealing with her.

I feel like I'm letting my friends and loved ones down because I can't spend as much time online talking to them. I feel selfish for shutting the computer and wanting to have the few minutes I can get to myself. And in a few weeks, school will start and I have no idea how I'm going to work out and deal with everything else. I just don't have enough time in the day. I can't just sit mini-me down in front of the tv and let it babysit her. I refuse to do that. I just... Well, I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm wasting what little time I do have and I'm not sure how to make the best use of my time.

It also doesn't help that I had a very bad headache today and just feel.. bleh. So now I'm off to snuggle mini-me some more and deal quietly with the fury of pity party that has suddenly appeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment