February 16, 2011

TMJ Update

I went to the dentist today to get my first mouth guard. This one is kind of squishy, almost like having gum between my teeth. I have to wear it 24/7 and go back next Thursday for him to check and see if I'll have to wear it like that for another week or what will be next. I was also given my treatment plan for the next 6 weeks which is as follows. No caffeine or alcohol. It says no nicotine too but that one is an n/a subject since I don't smoke to begin with. I have to take a calcium/magnesium/zinc pill with each meal. I have to take 2000-4000 mg of Vitamin C a day (split between meals) and 1000 IUs of Vitamin E once a day. I also have to make sure to eat 3 meals a day, drink a gallon of water and exercise for one hour. EVERY DAY. Not to mention making sure I get 8 hours of sleep every night.

The hardest parts are going to be making sure I'm in bed at 10pm at night and exercising every day. The fact that this doctor/dentist has an innate domliness about him that makes me want to obey him will help with this since I'm actually planning on starting my exercise tonight and have already started the vitamins. It's been very interesting so far. This doctor has given me advice from the beginning and I've taken the advice to heart, with my mindset changing very nearly the instant he advised me to do things to better my health and well-being.

At any rate, I really believe this doctor/dentist knows his stuff. I looked him up online and found his name in numerous places and part of various dental associations. He's had almost 30 years of experience in the field and with this particular type of problem. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it truly does work and makes it so that I can not only stop having ear problems, but also can breathe better too.

Wish me luck! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment