February 24, 2011

Installment 2 of the TMJ updates

I went to the dentist today to see if I had to continue wearing the soft guard or if I could move onto the next step. He positioned my jaw to see where it should sit and the short of it is that my jaw is jacked up. The orthodontist I went to several years ago and had braces with essential was a lazy SOB and didn't do what he should have.

What should have happened is that I should have had the extra tooth on the bottom removed and the two on the top that I'm missing replaced with implants. What happened instead is that he just decided to push all of the teeth together, essentially trying to fit four teeth over five. Because my tongue didn't have enough room in my mouth due to this, it essentially forced the teeth outwards. On top of that, while my mouth was trying to find where it should sit (with everything being shifted around), my jaw fell to the left.

So, what happens now? I have to wear the guard for another week and go back next Friday for the first bite piece. The dentist is going to have to experiment to get my bite correct, since I have the problems I do. I also asked the dentist how this is going to affect blow jobs, because everyone knows how important THAT subject is. *snickers* His response is that it's actually a pretty common question (Hooray blow jobbers of the U.S.!) and that it will actually make it better for both myself and the other person as it will loosen my jaw, making it open easier and wider.

I guess we'll see how things are next week.

1 comment: