February 2, 2011

Latest and greatest

I may have mentioned it before but I can't remember. So I'll start off with saying that when I went to the new doctor about my jaw, he recommended a couple of books to me. One is about respiratory allergies and how to deal with them. The other one is the book on the Atkins Diet. I'm about halfway through the Atkins book and have started having an unexpected reaction. The more I've read, the less I've wanted breads or other carb-heavy foods. There have been a couple of times where I haven't finished a meal, simply because I hit that invisible wall of fullness. When we're talking about an English muffin with two teaspoons of peanut butter and a banana, it starts making me wonder if I'm sick. I pondered on it for a while last night and realized I want to try Atkins and see if it will work for me. My health is far more important to me than a piece of cake or a milkshake will ever be.

I have also had a talk with my darling other half to figure out how in the world we're going to manage paying for the treatment and we think we've figured it out. It will make us broke for a bit, but it's the best we can hope for at this time. In the course of researching my new doctor, I found him in many varying places online. The more I read of him, the more it makes me want to keep him as my doctor. I'm very excited and I really really hope this treatment works.

I wanted to write more tonight, but I don't think that's going to happen so I'll end this for now and leave you in suspense by saying that I'm going to go work on my super-secret special project later tonight. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment