March 19, 2013

Updates & Schoooooolllll

My one year anniversary from when I started Taiji has come and gone, very unceremoniously. Also, I believe part of my problem and why I've been so sick off and on since December lies with my allergy shots. I emailed the allergy nurse who confirmed my suspicions and advised we would take it more slowly with me. Hopefully the fact that I'm now taking Meclizine, which also happens to be an antihistamine, will help with my allergies. I guess only time will tell.

They have now posted the summer and fall semester class lists. It looks like I'll only be taking one class during summer semester since apparently this school doesn't really do much during that semester. So, yay volleyball! But that will at least get one of my two required PE classes out of the way. Then in the fall, I'll be back to three classes. I'll be taking Into to Marketing during the week and then on Saturdays will be my second biology class and then American Government.

While I have a bit more free time during the summer, I need to do research on how to completely rewrite my resume so that it doesn't look like crap, which it pretty much is right now. I received some advice from a good friend who does resumes for a living, which will help. If I could afford to have her do it, I'd just pay her, but she's a bit expensive, even if she is worth every penny of it. ;)

I've continued to do my meditation and taigong and am still feeling better. I ate a bit badly this past weekend and can tell, but even now, I'm not as bad as where I was; which reminds me- I need to remember to make my next patient appointment with my Shifu. I really can't say enough good things about the Taiji school. I just wish I could get more people to show up and join. I really suck at salesmanship.

I also really suck at fighting. I can say that I know more now than I did before, which is useful, but I just don't know how to use my body that way. I'm all about sex and I can go with the flow (pun not intended) there, but when it comes to fighting, I have three left feet. Quite frankly, I don't see how anyone does it. I mean, logistically and intellectually I can see it. I just don't have the know-how to do it. At least not right now. This will take LOTS of practice.

I'm currently pending my annual review at work. I'm beginning to understand that when we're told it will be in March, they mean the absolute last bit of March as possible. I'm not a patient person. I want it done and over with so I can know where I stand. It's not as if I don't really know, but I just hate the anticipation of being reviewed for my job performance. It's kind of like taking a test. I want to know my score right away.


No comments:

Post a Comment