July 14, 2013

Finally! A bit of Quiet Time...

Today was wonderfully quiet. I could have gone over to a friend's house but when I first got up, I felt rather much like something dredged from the bottom of a lake. So I stayed in. Mini-me watched a couple of movies, played with her ponies and legos, then snuggled with me. This is very much a happy. I watched movies too while she was napping and after she went to bed. I also pretty much shut myself off from the outside world and didn't really answer any messages. Instead I played a video game. I've been going non-stop for over a month now so I think it was really needed. Now both the cat and the child are asleep, the house is quiet, and I'm winding down, preparing to get some sleep so that I'll be alert for work tomorrow.

In three weeks, I'll be off to the beach for a weekend and then a month after that will be DragonCon. I've ordered a new outfit for the con and am working on my super secret costume which I am soooo excited about. If you ask, no I won't tell you (unless you're not going, in which case telling you won't make a big difference). I know it is going to be so much fun. *insert big cheesy grin here*

Oh and school starts back in August too. I'll be taking my politics class, intro to marketing, and my second biology class. Here's hoping the semester goes well and I will be planning at the very least a day trip to the mountains after the semester ends because I have determined that stress plays a major factor in my ear issues. It will be interesting to see how I do with school now that I know that. Maybe I can make some of my friends teach me to fight. *gigglesnorts* (yeah, can you really see ME fighting??)

Meantime, I have half of a blanket finished that I am working on crocheting for someone and I'm also working on a bib that I'm cross stitching for an expectant acquaintance. Plus the other big project that I really should work on and finish at some point here soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment