April 9, 2011

Good Days DO Happen from Time to Time

Sometimes I forget that my mommy side needs to be nourished too. Today I took Mini-me to a kid crafts party at a friend's house. There were probably about 10 other kids there, ranging from 4 months to about 10 years old. For the most part, the kids all got along and played fairly well together. On top of that, I got to sit and chat with parents and grandparents of the other children. The atmosphere was wonderful with everyone keeping track of the kids in their area, regardless of whose children they were. If anything happened that a parent wasn't sure about, they'd make sure to check with the parent of the child they were addressing to make sure it was kosher. I actually felt part of the party and not just sitting on the sidelines watching.

I have a tendency to forget how important it is to me that I be accepted. For so long, I wasn't accepted for any part of who I was. More and more now I'm finding that there are indeed places and groups that will accept me at face value and include me in the proceedings. To make things even better, no one was mean to Mini-me (not as if I would expect anyone too be, seeing as how she's so cute and sweet). It's just nice to not have my fears come true.

I got to hold a little baby girl for a good long while before her mommy was ready to take her back. Have I mentioned that I love babies? They're awesome. Truly wonderful. Then of course Mini-me absolutely had to get snuggles and kisses from me to make sure her place with me hadn't changed. I had no problems with this at all (really, who would expect me to have issues with this? LOL). Once she was reassured that her place with me had not changed and she hadn't been replaced, she went off and played with the other kids again. Needless to say, I brought home a very tired little girl.

Most of my blog entries are about the more adult/kinky side of life. It is days like today that make me realize I need the touch of other parents, being reassured that I am indeed a good parent, that it isn't just all in my head. Being able to get together with other parents and being able to talk "shop" without having to worry that someone is getting annoyed by how much I can go on about how much I love Mini-me, how good she is, how smart she is, etc. There is more than one side of me. And each side deserves equal recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment