June 18, 2012

Day 3- Your views on drugs and alcohol


Well now. Here's a topic that gets much heated debate across many boards. What do I feel about drugs and alcohol? I think I need to speak on each of these separately.

Drugs

Many things not labeled as "drugs" still work the same way and are technically labeled as such. Society has created a bad aura around the word. Anything that affects the mind and body could be considered a drug when one really thinks about it. What each person does with their body is something beyond my control. I approve of drugs when they are used correctly, so as to alleviate pain or to help someone get better.

What I don't approve of, is using them in such a manner that would cause one to be a danger to themselves and to others. There are drugs that, if used, will cause me to not be in a relationship with someone, simply because I don't wish to be around them, or because having asthma prohibits being around them, which means while they do whatever it is they're doing, I can't be with them. That makes me a sad kippy.

I could go further, but then we get into very direct territory.

Alcohol

It has it's merits. There is a time and a place for it and as with most other things, should be done in moderation. I have been known to imbibe a bit here and there. I don't drink as much as I have in the past and I think that is a good thing. After all, I do like being able to open doors... *mutters, "evil patio door..."*

No comments:

Post a Comment