June 19, 2012

Day 4- Your views on religion

Religion is another topic of much heated debate. I think I shall simply put down my own beliefs on this one, instead of comparing and contrasting the many and varied religions of the world. I'm actually debating on if I want to take World Religion or a foreign language as part of my classes at school. I find the things people believe in or have faith in to be fascinating.

So. What do I believe as far as religion goes? I believe that I do not believe in the vast majority of them. What I do believe is that there is a power greater than I am out there. Whether it is the collective consciousness, or Buddha, or God, or any other number of powers, I couldn't say.

I believe we should thank those that give their lives for our continued existence and I also believe that we should not forget that Mother Nature has the power to destroy us, or bear up fruit for our well-being. I believe there are things out there that we are not able to comprehend and that defy science (even though I absolutely adore science).

There is more than this; however, I have not yet figured out how I truly feel about most of it, aside from the fact that I believe religion is all too often utilized as a way to a means and not as a true belief for all too many people. I can remember when I was younger, going to church after church as my dad tried to find one where he fit in. Each church we went to was filled with hypocrites. They all were fine while in church. Afterwards, the gossip began. Seeing this, I came to understand that for me, whatever worship I undertake, will not be in a church. There are no rules stating you HAVE to go to church or any kind of organized gathering to be able to partake in whatever religion you believe in.

I think that is enough for now, although I might choose to expound on the subject again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment