June 24, 2012

Day 8- A moment when you felt the most satisfied with your life.

I don't think I can answer this one with just one moment. I'm going to have to add to this one and make it two because, in some ways, my life is a bit compartmentalized. I wish it weren't, but at this time, that's the way it has to be.

The first moment is my favorite moment when I am with Mini-me. In the evening, we have snuggles just before her bedtime. She'll climb up (or I'll pick her up) into my lap and she'll get all close to me so that I can wrap my arms around her and hold her close while we watch an episode of whatever cartoon is on. In this moment, I know that having her was the best choice I ever made. I know in that moment that I would do ANYTHING to protect her and make sure she has the best chances possible to be whatever she wants to be when she grows up. She is my heart, the light of my life, my daughter. Having her is just... well.. it's right.

The other moment is a completely different side of my life. It's the moment after an intimate time with a loved one, when I know I'm wanted and needed. When I know that everything will be ok in the end, because I have that person by my side. When I know I'm not alone. When I know that I belong. Very few things can compare to that feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment