June 12, 2012

"About time" Update


So yeah, it's actually way past time, but at least I'm getting to it, right?

I had my surgery in December. Two weeks later I got the staples removed and ended up having to lop off my hair. I'm still not happy about having short hair (even though apparently everyone thinks it's cute.. it's still not me).

The biggest change I've noticed since my surgery is that I've had a SERIOUS downswing in my computer usage. In fact, I've been actively avoiding the computer much of the time. I have only been getting on the computer when I have to. This includes messaging and texting. I've only been messaging with a few people. It's almost like I can't stand to see someone typing me. I want physical contact with them. If it can't be in person, I at least want to hear a voice.

I went back to the neurosurgeon last week for my six month follow up and was told that the incision has healed nicely and I don't have to go for another MRI until December. My hair has pretty much grown right over the entire area and even I have to feel around to find it. Looks like I'll be having an MRI once a year for the rest of my life. Yay me!

On another note, I did graduate on May 14th. No one is happier about that than I am. I've also done my orientation for my next school and class starts August 20th. Onwards and upwards!

I attended SELF this past weekend and that was a very interesting event. I wish I could have stayed the entire weekend, but that wasn't to be. I saw one or two people I knew, met a few new people and the rest.. Well, that's private. *winks*

I will try to be online a bit more, but if you want my attention, the best way to get me is to actually call me (not while I'm at work of course, because I won't be able to answer). It'll be a point in your favor if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment