October 19, 2010

Catching Up Gets Longwinded

Oh. My. Gawds. I'm 29 years old. Where has time gone? 30 is right around the corner and I don't feel like a "youngin" anymore. As far as birthdays go though, it's not been the most thrilling. I pulled a muscle in my upper back so I was laid up on the couch, taking all sorts of medications to help and being waited on hand and foot by my husband.

Then a couple days later, he MADE me a cake. Strawberry with strawberry icing. My almost favorite of favorites cake (my grandmother makes my absolute favorite and he doesn't have that recipe so I can't really hold that against him). I was actually saddened by the fact that his cake was better than the last two I had made. I blame it on the oven. Then, this weekend, he bought me the expansion to one of my games as my birthday present.

Looking back, aside from back/neck/shoulder area muscle spasms so bad I was crying, I actually had a damned good birthday. Not to mention all the most awesome people on twitter wishing me happy birthday. TwistedDave made me a present too, that I can't get until I see him next. Oh. And there is also the fact that I was given my Quest last night to join Lady Ru'etha's circle of chosen. I am very happy and excited and thrilled about this. (Did I mention I'm totally psyched about it?)

I know that I have been very lax about being on FetLife recently and I know that my writings seemed to have gotten farther and fewer between. That will be changing. I will be writing at the very least, once a week. Most likely more. This is a good thing.

I also found out today that I'll be getting my annual review this coming Tuesday. I was a little nervous about it before because of some upheaval during the past year. I also realize that I was able to dig up several things I have done well to add to my review but now that I have the actual date, nervousness is setting in. I can't help but worry if I didn't do something I should have or if I did something I shouldn't have or if I did something incorrectly. I know the saying is that no news is good news; however, with no input, I still worry greatly over my performance. I guess we'll see how it goes.

I have decided that I'm actually 22 this year, not 29, that way I can go back to 21 next year and stay there for the next undeterminable amount of years to come. In the last year and a half, I have had soooo much happen. I broke up with someone. I became a mother. I got a girlfriend and a boyfriend (at the same time and yes they are current). My circle of friends stood up to show me how much they care for me.

Lady Ru'etha was very truly right in saying that I have a lot of upheaval and calm all at the same time. I have no idea quite how I manage to walk the wire that keeps everything in check. I just know that perspective is everything and in so many ways, my life is more full than I could have ever hoped for when I was younger. I love my life. I love my friends and I love those of you that are closer to me than just friends. You know who you are. Thank you.

And with that having been said, this has turned into a longer writing than I had intended. I guess that's what happens when I don't write for long periods of time. I am ending it here for tonight and will meet you all again the next time I log in. Good night and stay safe, wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment