October 19, 2010

On the Subject of Women...

I've always been awkward around other women. I don't know why but it seems like unless sex is involved, I don't know how to act. Men, I know how to act around them. I know how to be a guy. In my close circle of buddies, I have come to be known as just one of the guys, so I find it strange that I've started making friends with several of the more girly types recently. I don't consider it a bad thing. It's just.. well, it's odd for me.

I guess I've never been very comfortable around women because they judge each other on a very different level than Men judge women. With a guy, it usually has to do with how good the girl could be in bed or she's cool if she hangs out with them and talks about other girls. Now that's not to say its that way with every guy or girl. Let me just say that now, before I get someone who's offended because I stereotyped every male or female out there. But it is difficult to find a man who is more into what you think than how good you are in bed. I would talk about the girly side of things here, but I don't know that I think so much like other women, so I guess I would have to leave that to others to say how they judge each other.

I do know that women can be and are very sneaky with each other. Maybe my problem is that I just don't trust them. I've seen too many times where a girl has her eyes set on a guy thats with another girl and so she gets in good with the girl just so she can steal the guy away from her. I've also seen it where one woman trusts another and thinks she is her best buddy, then the one she trusted turns around and tells all about some secret that was discussed in private and while the one that told the secret thought she told it to someone who would keep it as such, well this girl finds herself on the outs with everyone in the circle of friends she shares with the other girl.

I do have one or two females I consider myself very close to. I believe I am very lucky to know them. I guess I just find myself wishing I had a female that I could call up and say, "Hey, what are you doing tonight? Nothing? Good, then you're coming over here to hang out with me and Mini-me." Is it so much to ask for a female friend that thinks like a guy? LOL

This wasn't really what I wanted to write about tonight, but then again, I guess it was because this is what came out when I sat down to let everything flow through my fingertips and out to everyone here.

No comments:

Post a Comment